5400 hours of
or 16 Weeks(Drywall Mechanic/Lather)
of in-school sessions.
1 Exceptional career.
Grants for the Contractor
1) The contractor is entitled to up to a $10,000 tax credit per apprentice per tax year for the first 48 months of an apprentices program. (To a maximum of $40,000.00).
2) The contractor is entitled to an Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC). This is a non-refundable tax credit equal to 10% of the eligible salaries and wages payable to apprentices. This tax credit is applied per apprentice per year.
3) The Contractor is entitled to a $1000.00 grant (Ontario Apprentice Employer Bonus) from the provincial government for each apprentice they hire when their apprentice has successfully completed their training.
Grants/Loans for the Apprentice
The apprentice is entitled to an Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG) which is a taxable cash grant available to registered apprentices once they have successfully completed their first or second year/level (or equivalent) of the apprenticeship program.
Basic or Block Level of In-School Training - $1000.00
Advanced Level of In-School Training - $1000.00
The apprentice is entitled to an Apprenticeship Completion Grant (AIG) of $2000.00 which he/she is entitled to once they hold a Certificate of Qualification.-->
3) Each first year registered apprentice is entitled to up to $400.00 interest free loan under the Loans For Tools Program to help them buy the tools and equipment they need to perform their trade.
4) Each apprentice registered is entitled to up to $4000.00 interest free loan under the Canada Apprentice Loan program to help with the purchase of tools, tuition, etc..